Sunday, January 8, 2012

The sound of silence........

My house is normally loud, crazy and chaotic. Every now and then, a quiet stillness comes over the house. And then I race to find the 2 year old........

Sometimes, (like the week I have a 20 page paper due, or currently, a few days before classes resume), he does this.


And then there are the days he does this.................

Because why wait for mom to undress him?

Or we may have a day like this........

Cause who doesn't like to drink from the dog dish? Saves on dishes.....


And sleeping with the dog saves on laundry........

And why not eat the entire left over birthday cake while mom does the dishes.........


And if it was legal, this would be locked............................


Or maybe it's quiet because he is busy spreading coffee all over the house, while I am giving Ky a bath.......




Or maybe it's just a dirt eating kind of day.



Despite the pout, he always puts himself in timeout, where he stays until he thinks of the next thing to get into. So as much as I like silence, in this family, a little noise means the house will stay standing.






3 comments:

  1. Boys are boys from the minute they are born! They are just wired differently than girls. I did not use to believe this but now that I have seen my grandson make it to age 9, he's made a believer out of me.
    He looks so old now with his big boy haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for redirecting me from the CB site. I've loved watching your family grow and boy have I been missing out on the excitement of a 2 year old! Looking forward to keep up with you again.

    ReplyDelete